Hangloose Adventure FAQs
When are you open?
Do I need to book in advance?
- No. For most of our activities, we never turn anyone away who arrives before 5pm. So you can relax even if you haven’t booked online. However, we recommend booking to avoid longer waiting times.
- The exception to this is Gravity: The Giant Swing which has a maximum daily capacity. For this reason we would always recommend booking in advance for this activity or arriving earlier in the day to avoid disappointment.
Do I need to pay to get into Eden if I only want to visit Hangloose?
- No. We operate outside of Eden’s perimeters so no need to pay their entrance fee. Just pay for what you ride on and take in one of the most spectacular views around.
Is there military discount?
- Yes. Members of the armed forces get 10% off.
- This discount is only available when paying onsite.
- Please show your ID to the instructor at the till.
Can I bring spectators?
- Yes, in fact we encourage it.
- We have plenty of facilities for those who prefer to keep their feet on the ground, including a coffee shop, indoor and outdoor seating and restroom facilities.
- Our spectator areas are located at our main entrance next to the SkyWire landing zone.
- Ask them to bring a camera, it’s the perfect shot!
Is there somewhere to eat and drink?
- After all that adrenaline we’re pretty sure a caffeine fix will be high up on your list of things to do next.
- Located at our main entrance right in the centre of all the action, Hangloose Café is fully stocked with fair trade coffees and teas.
- We’ve got indoor and outdoor seating so you can relax whatever the weather, and you’re welcome to bring a packed lunch and enjoy the view.
- Perfect for those who prefer to keep their feet firmly on the ground.
- Open 10 till 5pm
What should I wear?
- Appropriate clothing must be worn as determined by the instructors.
- Harnesses cannot go against bare skin so please cover shoulders and wear trousers or long shorts.
- Skirts are not allowed.
- We must also insist that shoes are of a closed-toe and flat design and secured appropriately (Eg no sandals, flip flops, high heels etc)
- Please bear in mind that we are an outdoor venue and come dressed appropriately for the weather.
What if it rains?
- You’ll get wet!
- Hangloose@Eden is an outdoor venue and we operate in all weather conditions except for extremely high winds or thunderstorms so please come prepared for wet weather.
- In the rare instance that activities are cancelled by Hangloose@Eden due to exceptional weather conditions, every effort will be made to contact those that have pre-booked in advance.In these cases another day and time for your experience to take place will be arranged.
Are your activities accessible for people with extra needs or disabilities?
- We want as many people as possible to create their own Hangloose Adventure. >> Please be aware that our activities are adventurous and do require a certain amount of physical fitness and ability.
- We constantly try to improve our facility for everybody – please find accessibility information HERE
- For example, the only way to currently reach the SkyWire departures platform is by climbing three flights of stairs.
- We hope to improve this in the near future, in the meantime to discuss your requirements in confidence with an instructor please contact us.
My child is over 8 years old but doesn’t weigh 40kgs. Can they still ride Skywire?
- Possibly! we do have a 5kg weighted vest we can use to help them over the limit (but we can only use one vest at a time per person). Otherwise, sadly, we will be unable to accommodate.
- SkyWire has a very strict 40kg minimum weight limit.
- This is due to the natural incline at the end of the wire. If participants don’t meet the minimum weight limit they may not pick up enough speed to reach the other end.
My child wants to fly but I really, really don’t. What do we do?
- We are happy for children to participate in our activities alone as long as a parent or guardian over 18 years of age has signed their paperwork on their behalf and is present on site for the duration of their activities..
We have young children / dogs and can’t leave them unaccompanied. What do we do?
- Not a problem!
- If you are planning to pre-book please ensure you separate your chosen time slots by one hour to ensure enough time for a smooth handover.
- If you plan to pay on the day, please discuss this with an instructor and they can advise you on the best way to continue.
What if I change my mind?
- Our instructors are very reassuring and will do their best to make your experience with us a pleasant one, however we do understand that our activities can be a challenge, even for the bravest of visitors.
- Should you change your mind about participating we are happy to arrange another time for you to try again if you wish to do so? however, if the participant is already harnessed up and ready to launch we can’t offer a refund.
- Please be aware that tickets for all of our activities are non-refundable.
Can I bring my GoPro or Camera?
- We’re very happy for you to use your own GoPro camera equipment, however we do have certain restrictions in place.
- Poles, wrist straps and hand held mounts are not allowed.
- Cameras must be secured with the appropriate screw fixing and checked by an instructor before you participate in any of our activities.
- Head straps and chest mounts are permitted on the condition that they do not interfere with essential safety equipment. This will be determined at the time by the instructors.
- We have a select few helmets with mounts already attached for your convenience. Please remember to bring your own fixings as we cannot provide these. – Please note – if you require one of these helmets, you may need to email/call us in advance to check availability.
Is there any accommodation on site?
To find out more visit
- As the official onsite accommodation provider for the Eden Project, YHA offers the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive view of Cornwall’s most famous and recognisable attraction.
- In keeping with Eden’s spirit of sustainable living, it offers 58 modern en-suite bedrooms made entirely from shipping containers – which is definitely a talking point when you return to school!
To find out more visit