Hangloose Adventure FAQs
All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (18+) on site
|Skywire||Min. age: 8 years
Min. weight: 35kg
Max weight: 120kg
|Gravity||Min. age: 8 years
Min. weight: 25kg
Max weight: 120kg / Total max. weight 250kg
Note: max of 3 people on this ride at any one time
|The Drop||Min. age: 8 years
Min. weight: 25kg
Max. weight: 120kg
|Skytrek||Min. age: 8 years
Min. weight: 30kg / max: 120kg
Note: under 12s need to be accompanied by an adult
|Big Air||Min. age: 8 years
Min. weight: 25kgMax. weight 120kg
Note: you must be 18+ to jump from the top platform
- Yes for the Skywire. You will always need to book at least 24 hours in advance to guarantee you time slot. If you walk in on the day we may be able to get you in however there may be a long wait for this.
- Most of our activities are on a ‘wait in the queue’ basis and we will always try our best to accommodate anyone one who arrives before 5pm. However, we still recommend booking any activity to avoid longer waiting times.
- No. You will not need to pay to enter the Eden Project. We are a separate company but just share the same carparks here at the Eden site.
- Yes. Members of the armed forces, NHS, Students and Emergency workers get 15% off.
- This discount is ONLY available when paying onsite. You can book over the phone and request to pay on arrival to confirm your discount. In this case please show your ID on arrival at reception to claim your discount.
- Keep an eye out on our social media for any promotional discounts throughout the year.
- Yes, in fact we encourage it. However please make sure you are sticking to social distancing and only come with people from your own household/bubble.
- We have plenty of facilities for those who prefer to keep their feet on the ground, including a coffee shop, indoor and outdoor seating and restroom facilities.
- Our spectator areas are located on site next to the SkyWire landing zone.
- Ask them to bring a camera, it’s the perfect shot!
- After all that adrenaline we’re pretty sure a caffeine fix will be high up on your list of things to do next.
- Located at our main entrance right in the centre of all the action, Hangloose Snack Shack is open throughout the summer season serving our signature Hangloose toasties and smoothies.
- We also have a ‘serve yourself’ contactless payment coffee machine, so you can wrap your hands around a warm brew during those colder days.
- We’ve got indoor and outdoor seating so you can relax whatever the weather, and you’re welcome to bring a packed lunch and enjoy the view.
- Perfect for those who prefer to keep their feet firmly on the ground.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn as determined by the instructors.
- Harnesses cannot go against bare skin so please cover shoulders and wear trousers or long shorts.
- Skirts are not allowed.
- We must also insist that shoes are of a closed-toe and flat design and secured appropriately (Eg no sandals, flip flops, high heels etc)
- Please bear in mind that we are an outdoor venue and come dressed appropriately for the weather.
- As we are an outdoor adventure centre, Hangloose Adventure operates in all weather conditions except for extremely high winds or thunderstorms so please come prepared for wet weather.
- In the rare instance that activities are cancelled by Hangloose@Eden due to exceptional weather conditions, every effort will be made to contact those that have pre-booked in advance. In these cases another day and time for your experience to take place will be arranged.
- We recommend adding on Bad Weather Insurance to your booking in the event that the weather cancels or affects the activities, this will allow you to get a quibble-free refund.
- We want as many people as possible to create their own Hangloose Adventure. >> Please be aware that our activities are adventurous and do require a certain amount of physical fitness and ability.
- We constantly try to improve our facility for everybody – please find accessibility information HERE
- For example, the only way to currently reach the SkyWire departures platform is by climbing three flights of stairs.
- We hope to improve this in the near future, in the meantime to discuss your requirements in confidence with an instructor please contact us.
- Possibly! we do have a 5kg weighted vest we can use to help them over the limit (but we can only use one vest at a time per person). Otherwise, sadly, we will be unable to accommodate.
- SkyWire has a very strict 40kg minimum weight limit.
- This is due to the natural incline at the end of the wire. If participants don’t meet the minimum weight limit they may not pick up enough speed to reach the other end.
- We are happy for children to participate in our activities alone as long as a parent or guardian over 18 years of age has signed their paperwork on their behalf and is present on site for the duration of their activities.
- The only exception to this is the Skytrek which requires any child under the age of 12 to be accompanied by an adult.
- Not a problem!
- If you are planning to pre-book please ensure you separate your chosen time slots by one hour to ensure enough time for a smooth handover.
- If you plan to pay on the day, please discuss this with an instructor and they can advise you on the best way to continue.
- Our instructors are very reassuring and will do their best to make your experience with us a pleasant one, however we do understand that our activities can be a challenge, even for the bravest of visitors.
- Should you change your mind about participating we are happy to arrange another time for you to try again if you wish to do so? however, if the participant is already harnessed up and ready to launch we can’t offer a refund.
- Please be aware that tickets for all of our activities are non-refundable.
- We’re very happy for you to use your own GoPro camera equipment, however we do have certain restrictions in place.
- Poles, wrist straps and hand held mounts are not allowed.
- Cameras must be secured with the appropriate screw fixing and checked by an instructor before you participate in any of our activities.
- Head straps and chest mounts are permitted on the condition that they do not interfere with essential safety equipment. This will be determined at the time by the instructors.
- We have a select few helmets with mounts already attached for your convenience. Please remember to bring your own fixings as we cannot provide these. – Please note – if you require one of these helmets, you may need to email/call us in advance to check availability.
- As the official onsite accommodation provider for the Eden Project, YHA offers the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive view of Cornwall’s most famous and recognisable attraction.
- In keeping with Eden’s spirit of sustainable living, it offers 58 modern en-suite bedrooms made entirely from shipping containers – which is definitely a talking point when you return to school!
To find out more visit
For Skywire you may have have to wait past your allocated time due to unforeseen circumstances such as; weather conditions, nervous flyers and other reasons.
For other activities they are on a queued system so be prepared to queue. This can occasionally be over an hour.